Air Arabia, known in Arabic as Al Arabia or Al Arabiya, is a low-cost or budget airways established
in October 2003 as a joint venture between two Sharjah
government departments, the Civil Aviation Department
and the Sharjah Airport Authority. Its slogan is “Be
Smart. Pay Less. Fly More.”
Air Arabia is the first air lines of its kind in
the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and
is focused on catering to flights within the Middle
East and the Indian subcontinent. It currrently
has flights to Bahrain, Egypt, India, Iran, Jordan,
Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Russia,
Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
All flights provided by Al-Arabia are flown onboard
a modified Airbus A320, which contains a total of
150 seats instead of 189 seats.
Air Fares(Ticket Prices)
As Air Arabia provides only the essentials needed
for travelling, it has air fares
that are normally 40% cheaper than other
traditional airlines. Its fares are quoted on one-way basis, excluding taxes, fees and charges. The advantage of the one-way fare is to allow travellers to choose
whether they wish to return and on what date. The initial fare quoted by Al-Arabia will increase as less seats are available on a particular flight, so its essential to book
early to ensure the lowest cost of tickets.
Being a no-frills airlines, Air Arabia has a number
of differences comparing to other commercial airlines.
• A ticket is lost if the flight is missed and you can only change a ticket less than 24-hours before the flight.
• The check-in counter is closed 45 minutes before a flight.
• It is a ticket-less airlines, so all that is needed to check-in is a copy of the confirmation reference.
• Children ticket prices are the same as adults, while infants below 2 years only pay Dhs. 30.
• Each adult
or child ticket gets 20 to 30 kilos in check-in baggage and 7 kilos in carry-on baggage.
• Its flights don't have a first or business class.
• There are no free in-flight meals but food and drinks can be purchased onboard.
Air Arabia [Al Arabia]
P.O.Box 132, Sharjah
United Arab Emirates (UAE)